Franklin Towers – Tarrytown, NY: Wind Vented Roof System
In the Summer/Fall of 2016, the Tarrytown Public Housing Authority were able to fix a long term, systemic problem of a roofing system that had reached long beyond end of life.
Instead of a complete tear-off and removal normally required by code for a saturated/wet roof, the Wind Vent/Infinite-R™ solution was employed to virtually eliminate landfill, lower the cost of the roof project and increase energy performance. The following scope of work was completed at 35% less cost than a conventional roofing solution involving mechanical fastened/glues down roof systems.
- Removal and disposal of the existing debris and loose material prior to installation of the new system.
- All punctures, voids and seams repaired with new modified bitumen patching material to seal existing system and create air tight seal for the valve system to work properly
- Furnish and install ERC 5/16” Separator Mat loose laid over the entire roof surface.
- Furnish and install Infinite R Phase Change Insulation loose laid over the entire roof surface.
- Furnish and install ½” Dendeck loose laid over the entire roof surface.
- Furnish and install ERC 80 mil PVC roof membrane loose laid over the entire roof surface following manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Furnish and install vents systematically placed per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- All walls & curbs to receive new PVC flashings and termination bar along total rise wall conditions. All post that support hand rail system will receive new ERC PMMA liquid flashing.
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Install Date: 2016
Quantity of PCM: 12,000sf
Estimated Savings: 35% Lower Cost; $4,000 to $6,000 energy savings/yr
Investment Return: 4 yrs (PCM Only); 15 Yrs (Whole Roof)